Tuesday, June 14, 2016

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 by Vicki Lesage in ,
What are our favorite authors reading? Find out in our One Night (Book) Stand feature! Today's guests are Penny Watson and Julia Barrett, co-authors of Culinary Delights, a foodie romance.


From Penny Watson: I am always looking for quirky and unusual well-written treasures. Here's what I'm reading now…

The Introvert's Guide to Drinking Alone
by Tasha Brandstatter

This adorable guide is snarky, clever, and chock full of important cocktail-y information. It includes historical facts, some serious observations, and plenty of hilarious commentary about drinking alone. (I approve, by the way!)




Hunting The Merrow
by Heather Rigney

After devouring Waking the Merrow (Rigney's debut novel) last year, I couldn't wait to read the follow-up. This author manages to combine horrifying fantasy (think evil mermaid) and fascinating Rhode Island history into her one-of-a-kind novels. I just started this one, and I'm already biting my nails. Fun summer reading!


From Julia Barrett:

Kill and Tell
by Linda Howard

Kill and Tell is why I began writing romance. It's the first actual romance I read, and it is the reason I fell in love with the genre. It's a smart, super sexy, character-driven work of romantic suspense. The hero, Marc Chastain, is to die for. The best re-read ever!



Shogun
by James Clavell

This author of numerous works of literary fiction created a classic romance when he penned Shogun. I've read a great deal. No love story compares to the beautiful and tragic love story at the heart of this book. I read Shogun twice a year for inspiration, and twice a year I cry my eyes out.



About Penny Watson:

Award-winning author Penny Watson writes feel-good fiction with a side of quirk. She loves to blend genres, push limits, and try new things. No matter what she writes, it always has a happy ending.

Penny was a botanist in her former life and began her publishing career with scientific journals. Now she lets her muse run wild, penning quirky love stories, North Pole adventures, and even childrens' books about a superhero weenie dog.

She currently resides outside of Boston with a fly-fishing obsessed husband, two spirited Filipino kids, and Lucy, the Original Wonder Weenie.

Connect on social media:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest | Newsletter |
Lucy the Wonder Weenie Blog

About Julia Barrett:

If one word describes her, it's eclectic. Or so her friends say. She's a lover of books, poetry, art, history, baseball, barbecue, chocolate, coffee, children, animals and the great outdoors. She's a hospice nurse as well as a writer, but she got my first job at the age of twelve so believe her when she tells you if her heroines are doing it, she's probably done it. At the heart of every one of her stories is a real life event.


Connect on social media:
Website | Twitter | Blog | Amazon Author Page

Their book:

Culinary Delights: Four Delectable Foodie Romances