Tuesday, March 1, 2016

On Tuesday, March 01, 2016 by Vicki Lesage in
If you have little ones (your own, ones you watch, ones who come to your door selling delicious cookies), then you might have noticed how they tend to have a favorite animal. My 3-year-old son's current obsession: penguins.

And he must not be alone because there's no shortage of penguin books for kids. I know because I've read nearly all of them!



So here are a few of his (and my) favorites:

Tovi the Penguin goes into space
by Janina Rossiter

The entire Tovi the Penguin series is adorable, as Tovi and his friends go on different adventures. But our favorite is the space book because if there's one thing my son loves as much as penguins, it's the moon!




Penguin Says "Please"
by Michael Dahl and Oriol Vidal

Not only is this book really cute, but it teaches the all-important lesson of saying "please." Which is something we're still working on in our house, but this books is helping. Other books in the Hello Genius series teach equally important things in a fun way, like Duck Goes Potty, Pony Brushes His Teeth, and one I'm sure my son will never learn, Little Tiger Picks Up.



Peek-a-boo, Penguin
Such a cute book. My son and his little 1-year-old sister get such a kick out of playing peek-a-boo through the hole in the front of the book as I read. It's a great way to make the reading experience interactive for little ones.






Shiver Penguin
Pair this adorable book with the equally adorable Shiver Penguin stuffed animal. Your little one can cuddle with Shiver as you read this short and sweet book.